Friday, August 06, 2010

I'm on my long lOng journey home~ couldn't stay at hostel today cuz I haven't brought bathing stuff and bedsheets and the bed is crumbling like a biscuit so I ain't sleeping on it before a good dusting. I went for ragday. At first apprehensive about it but it turned out to be quite awesome although I only met a grand total of 4 friends! Went there like a loner but good thing Chienwei was there so I wasn't so sad. Then wanting was there too! They were so nice to let me trail them though i'm sure they had their own things to do. Wanting also gave me some food thankgoodness cuz I had coke all night and no dinner.

The float parade was really fantastical, bright lights, cheerleaders flyin through the air, deafening music, the over-enthusiastic MC. Everything was just like a huge carnival and it was really a sight. They even flew real Maori over to do the Maori dance which still intrigues me though I have watched it many a time. They lit the Olympic flame as well and it was almost tear-jerking, but I didn't cry of course, it was just quite touching, I'm not sure why. The fireworks, were simply amazing. Like Easter eggs thrown up high and shattering in mid-air, reduced to nothing but glittery lights and sparkly bits flaking into wisps of smoke. Scattered through the nightsky like some heavenly confetti. And the finale was like a giant peacock's tail, blazing in a fan-shape of green yellow orange red.

I didn't take photos cuz fireworks are still best seen first-hand.

They announced the winners for various types of prizes for the floats and science Fac and eusoff hall won almost everything! Example most environmentally friendly, best design, best act etc. Double win for me cuz I was supporting eusoff though I'm not staying there! PGP is a lonely place! I regretttt.... But nvm!

Awesome attending-first-event-experience-at-NUS for me cuz I really didn't expect it to be that exciting, since I'm like non-enthu kind.

I found a person who's gonna be in 2 life science modules with me! She talks like a rapper( when she said her name, it came with a yo man! Hand gesture) which is quite funny but she's really friendly and that's good for me cuz I'm crap at making friends. I hope this is life getting better.

Happy day!

No comments: