Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh yes, forgot to mention... The hammie died on 11th March. He was still so adorable, I found him sitting in the 1st story orange bowl after returning home from work. It was as if he crawled in there purposely, as his resting place. I took him out cuz i was gonna feed him his meds [which i had been doing successfully for the past 2 days because he struggled very little]... I sorta had a fear he might be dead cuz there was no movement as i lifted the little bowl out from the cage. I poked his ear, and there was no response. I poked him and well, it was clear he had entered a never-waking sleep. I was so sad at that moment i just wept and stroked his tiny fragile little back, feeling so sorry for him and how weak he had been looking. The swell looked better, but i have a feeling he died from lack of food, being unable to eat with such a swell in the way. He refused drink though, so i can't be so sure why he died.

Anyway i buried him downstairs in a little hole, his body still soft, probably died not too long ago before i found him.

No comments: