Thursday, March 25, 2010

My new student is a china boy! Tian ah, i most certainly did not expect a pure china-Chinese speaking cherubic little tear-drop eyed boy. He is the poster face of a seven year old china boy. Chubby and bald. Conversing with him, I feel like I'm talking to the class china scholars all over again! I'm teaching him English of course, crazy hard cuz my Chinese is near crap. But quite good cuz I can expand my Chinese vocab teaching him! It reminds me of the days I wrote the English meanings beside the Chinese words in the helping box, for filling in the blanks later. Now he does just the opposite! Write the chinese version of the English word! Thus I learnt what stuff like plumber, carpenter, etc is in Chinese. Yes, I never knew it before okay.

Today was a good lesson. He is very entertaining in his hand actions. He was telling me how his teacher only gave them 30seconds to use the bathroom in strongly accented china-nese (yerng tao instead of ying tao).

Oh but I super like his house downstairs. There's ntuc, watsons, guardian, 7eleven and even a sushi shop! Waa dam nice for a small little neighbourhood leh! Millions of things to satisfy my eager eyes! I just took a trip around the ntuc. Just gotta love supermarkets. More interesting than arcades lor. One day I'll memorize every item and their prices and recite them for fun.

I'm so glad it's so interesting around there since the lessons are 5 days a week and thankfully, 15min walk from my house.

Ahh have to start walking to tanah mrt soon for ze little brat's tuition! I got pink Easter eggs (dammit it was so ex) to bribe her and hopefully make my life easier.

No comments: