Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's the second day of Chinese New Year. The holiday's almost up. i just woke up from a long long much required nap. Things have been happening and i know im not any worse position than the people around me so i should start being thankful for my life although im always very keen on throwing myself in front of a bus or off a very high cliff.

On the eve of Chinese New Year, after the reunion dinner, I went with my sisters and their respective other halves to squeeze at chinatown just for the fun of it and also see what bounty we could return with. There was nothing much! The disappointment. It also wasnt that bad, the crowd, except for one junction which was really a squeezing terror. But i was preoccupied with poking at my coconut and couldnt care less about the people around. It was like an automated conveyor belt because we just moved without having to move. But that was the only bad time. The rest of the time we were quite freely walking.

Monday, just visiting as usual. We almost had no gas in the stove to cook cuz it ran out on sunday and no one was open to save us. Fortunately rescue came on monday morning so the zhai bee hoon and curry were only cooked on monday morning. Visiting relatives and the temple ended at around 450 and i flew off to NUS to find ele to see the solar eclipse! It started at 430pm but me and my siblings couldnt see a dam thing cuz the sun was way too bright. I got to NUS and was able to see the eclipse through a black filter sheet where the outline of the sun was more visible, and a telescope. I saw the orange image of the sun with a crescent moon shape cut into it.

Awesome.

But it wasnt that impressive. It was too cloudy and the sky didnt even turn dark since the eclipse was only partial. It covered barely half the sun and that was the maximum. Everyone was just going on their normal lives without realising that an eclipse was taking place! I was standing in the queue of the temple when the moon began its pass in front of the sun!

I want a telescope!

Okay i really need to go think about my research paper now. I have thought about it day and night and Im still very lost, but the house is quiet at this moment and it is a good time.

Farewell.

No comments: