Thursday, July 07, 2011

The doll Xperiment

erhaps i was lonely, perhaps i was bored. But perhaps i just saw some clay figures in UrbanWrite and was inspired to make my own little person too.

And so the journey began... With 2 hours worth of poking and prodding... A face!! Have I ever seen a face so fine!! Okay, for my first real attempt at making my very own clay doll [since i would never be able to afford those BJDs and stuff], i felt it was pretty something. Oh how peaceful it looked in all its emptiness... This is before baking.


And then after baking, i stuffed the eye sockets with tissue~ And its starting to resemble someone i saw long before...

Victor...? is that you?


And then i started adding the makeup! Made the cheeks pink easily. That was the least of my worries... And then dabbed some pastel pink on the lips.


And then i had to destroy it with the red lips. Now it doesnt look like Victor, but looks like the corpse bride instead.

Goodness gracious this isnt helping... looking more and more macabre...

Attempted to add eyebrows...


Then by fantastic chance, i had the perfect sized white beads. And used them as eyes. Drew some pupils on 'em. Corpse bride....

And then changed the eyebrows to make it more urm, creepy BJD looking. And in the process of adding eyelashes. Oh, and i molded some eyelids to reduce the cartoonishness and re-baked the whole thing too.

Ahhh!! Eww what happened to my innocent looking blissful little Victor!!!


I couldnt stand it so i sandpapered off the lips and the eyebrows and peeled off the eyelashes and bought thinner fake eyelashes just for this little buddy.. but her eyes just end up looking like dark black abysses.. Oh well that cant really be helped..

Got some hair extensions from bugis and glued them on cuz i was just too tired to do anything proper like a hair net or sth.. plus her forehead was a little low for that. Have a little purple rubberband kiapping everything in place and wala! My dollhead!

PROJECT COMPLETE.

Not really as perfect as i wished it to be.. but it'll have to do for my first try!


Hohohoho. Since i couldnt make my ideal doll. I photoshopped what i had wanted my doll to look like!!! Cool anot cool anot. *SIGH*


Random wig from google. hurhurhur.

No comments: