Sunday, October 10, 2010


This was on the trees outside my house today! And my house meaning in a HDB estate, seen from the 8th floor, not some cool jungle private housing kind of house. It's a white bellied sea eagle juvenile! Identified by my dad of course, no way i would know just by looking at it fly past me. It just flew past our window and landed on a tree, so it was about the size of the nail on your little finger and my dad said, eh! theres a white bellied sea eagle outside! its not supposed to be here but its there! And he went to grab the binoculars and i was thinking, how in the world do you even see what bird it is. so we looked at it through the binoculars and it was coool. It was beeeg. You know, small in a far away sense but big in a, ah, you know what i mean. An eagle! On an HDB tree! And he said its a juvenile, well but, it looks grown up to me.

But the grown up one looks like this:

Fit and Feisty. So clearly theres a BEEG diff. And it explains the name anw. An inexperienced numbthumb like me wouldnt know.

Sadly we dont have any pro cameras :C so we couldnt take a picture of it... Arg. I really want a pro camera now. Miss capturing all the good stuff.

No comments: