Monday, February 13, 2012

7 aug 2011 thoughts. the long poem I lost when my old phone died. and this is all I remember from it.

One day I was a-walking
In my garden half asleep
When I saw the strangest little man
I never thought I'd meet

Out the corner of my eye
I caught a flickering blade of grass
I knew that something lurked there
Something very small and fast

With steps so light they kissed the ground
With neither audible mark nor sound

I chased the man this way and that
Led by the glimpse of a golden hat

Then by some unexpected luck and fortune there could be
The little man ran and hid beneath my Orange tree

I didn't mean to scare him,
I just wanted to be friends
This I made clear to him and
Held out both my hands

And now I will proceed
To give a better view
Of mr please don't say my name
As seen by very few

There've been too many stories
Of funny little men

I'll describe myself promptly
And break out from this trend

He wore a hat of golden hair
which sat upon a head
Which bore a pair of eager eyes
From which life would not fade

[missing lines]
But what he really loved to taste,
Were the rays of light

one day by the window
I saw a little note
Bathing in the sunlight
Washed in a golden coat

"I've tasted whats above the earth
And what's beneath the matter
But there's still much I've yet to see
Between the fore and latter

I've met a lot of people and
Of all the ones I knew
You were the kindest one to me
to me your heart was true
I've still got much that's left to see
And you my benefactor
I won't forget to thank you
In silent reverie"

No comments: