Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Nothing much seems to have changed
since the time when you first came
And strongly took my hand in yours
and softly spoke my name.

Mysterious figure in the crowd
at the carnival you shout
my name and then i turn and see
you reveal your identity

T'was once when i received your care
I was down and you were there
Comfort in your words i found
a guardian angel from nowhere

Yet now i am to avoid your gaze
My eyes try not to see your face
I'd rather choose to live a lie
Than get you trapped here in this maze

What's on your mind im wondering
What is it that you're pondering
it may be worrying, but i know
that jokes are never genuine.

So leave you to your life i will,
Though you linger in my thoughts still
i hope that maybe day by day
the thoughts will slowly fade away.

No comments: